I thought I’d take a few moments to just list out some of the things that are making me happy these days.
1) My favorite blueberry farm opened up temporarily after having announced that the polar vortex cold of winter had damaged their crop. I picked my fill.
2) Audible.com + Bluetooth is allowing me to listen to books with reckless abandon.
3) My flowers are absolutely gorgeous. The gladiolas are blooming right now.
4) Ginger beer. Mmmm….
5) I was approved to give a TED style talk at the Affirmation conference. I’m going to apply the Start with Why principles to living an authentic life as an LGBT Mormon.
6) The 2014 Emmett Family Reunion went off without significant hitches.
7) This video from the reunion. (I love the soundtrack!)
8) Also, this video: (I feel like the soundtrack is perfect on this one too!)
9) The flavor of sun warmed cherry tomatoes.
10) The Ann Arbor District Library Summer Game. This library is awesome, and I have a good time playing along every summer.
11) My Primary class.
12) My new dehydrator, blender, and ice cream maker. Funny how the right tool at the right time can improve your life so much.
I think things are going fairly well right now, but it always helps to stop and count the little things. What is making you happy?